Xperia Waterproof Settlement
- Claims can be sent through mail or filed online
- Administrator can be contacted with questions
In an age that seems overly fond of class action lawsuits, a product that advertises itself as being waterproof better have some convincing evidence to back up such a lofty claim. Apparently, the Plaintiffs in the case titled Landes et al. v. Sony Mobile Communications (U.S.A.), Inc. et al found reason to believe that the Defendant (Sony) fell a bit short in this area. The suit was filed over allegations that Sony sold Xperia mobile devices that were deceptively advertised as being waterproof and pursues claims for violations of various state consumer protection statutes. On the flip side of the coin, Sony denies any claims of wrongdoing and/or violations of the law and further denies that the mobile devices are defective. At the end of the day who is right and who is wrong doesn’t appear to be of much consequence as the parties have agreed to end the action now by settling the matter before the costs and uncertainties of further litigation are incurred. Those who believe they are eligible for compensation can get a claim started by going to the Xperia Waterproof Settlement page and clicking the Submit a Claim tab.
Loud and clear. What else should I be aware of?
- Eligible mobile devices must have been owned prior to the date of August 3rd, 2020
- Provides warranty extension, claim reimbursements, along with advertising changes
- The deadline to object to the settlement or request exclusion is November 11th, 2020
- The hearing to decide whether or not to approve is scheduled for December 1st, 2020
- Claims (mail or online) must be filed NO LATER THAN the January 30th, 2020 deadline
Class Members who plan on filing by mail should make sure their correspondence is post-marked no later than the January 30th, 2020 deadline and mailed directly to the Settlement Administrator. Those with questions that beg to be answered (or even just calmly ask) can check out the FAQs posted at the top of the Xperia Waterproof Settlement page. A simple email to the Settlement Administrator may be the next best option if the answers cannot be found while rummaging through the FAQs.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 60257, Philadelphia, PA 19102-0257
- [email protected]