The Body Shop FACTA Settlement
- Claim can be filed online or by mail
- Important settlement deadlines apply
- Administrator contact info available
When a company has allegedly violated the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act all roads usually lead to a class action lawsuit. From that point the often twisty and turning road can either lead to a settlement or a trial. In the case of the class action lawsuit titled Henry Lee v. Buth-Na-Bodhaige, Inc., d/b/a The Body Shop, S.D.N.Y the road has led to a preliminary settlement that will provide eligible Class Members with compensation in the form of a $12 Body Shop gift card. Those who believe they are eligible for compensation from the Body Shop FACTA Settlement can file a claim by going to the settlement’s designated webpage and clicking the File a Claim link. Class Members who would rather file by mail can print off and send the Claim Form directly to the Settlement Administrator. It is important to note that claims must be filed by the June 12th, 2020 deadline (post-marked by deadline for mailed Claim Forms).
What else should I know about the Body Shop FACTA Settlement?
- The lawsuit was filed based on allegations that The Body Shop printed receipts with more than the last 5 digits of customer credit card numbers
- Class Members who want to get out of the settlement and protect their rights to sue can send an exclusion request by the May 31st, 2020 deadline
- Those who want to file an Objection to the settlement must do so by the May 31st, 2020 deadline (Objections will be heard at Final Approval Hearing)
It is important to point out that the court has made no ruling as to the merits of the allegations brought forth in the lawsuit and that The Body Shop has denied any wrongdoing or liability whatsoever. The decision on whether or not the Body Shop FACTA Settlement will actually go through will be made at the Final Approval Hearing schedule for August 11th, 2020. Those who plan on filing a claim by mail will need to send their Claim Form directly to the Settlement Administrator.
Body Shop FACTA Settlement Administrator
- P.O. Box 3614, Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614
- [email protected]