Swinter Med Stop TCPA
- Claims can be filed online or by mail
- Important dates apply to settlement
- Administrator contact info available
Alleged violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act have been the subject of many class action lawsuits over the years. While many of these are based on phone calls, every so often alleged violations via facsimile are involved. A recent example of this is the lawsuit Swinter Group, Inc. v. Med-Stop, Inc. d/b/a Med-Stop, et al, which was filed over allegations that the Defendant violated the TCPA by sending unsolicited fax advertisements that did not contain the required opt-out notice. In addition the faxes are alleged to have been sent without prior express invitation, permission, or an established business relationship. It should be pointed out that the Defendant denies wrongdoing or liability of any kind but has agreed to settle the lawsuit to avoid the uncertainties, expenses, and time associated with taking the case deeper into litigation. Those who believe they are eligible for compensation can get a claim started by going to the Swinter Med Stop TCPA page and clicking the File a Claim tab.
More on the Settlement
- Those who submit valid and timely claims will receive a product voucher worth $40
- Requests to be excluded from the settlement must be filed by December 11th, 2020
- March 9th, 2020 is the deadline by which all claims must be filed (online or by mail)
- Those who wish to object to the settlement must do so by December 29th, 2020
The Final Approval Hearing to determine whether or not the settlement will be approved is scheduled for January 8th, 2020. Exclusion requests and mail-in claim forms must be sent directly to the Claim Administrator. The Claim Administrator can also be contacted by those who wish to receive further information regarding the settlement. Those who would rather help themselves can get more information by clicking the Frequently Asked Questions tab posted at the Swinter Med Stop TCPA page.
Claim Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 3614, Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614
- [email protected]