SNA Olive Oil Settlement
- Claims can be filed online or by mailing in claim form
- Settlement applies only to specifically branded products
A point of contention that can often lead to a class action lawsuit is the accuracy of marketing claims placed on a product’s label. Kumar v. Salov North America Corp has recently come to settlement terms resolving allegations that the Defendant (Salov North America Corp) inappropriately marketed olive oil products as “Imported from Italy”. The Defendant denies these allegations stating it has always truthfully marketed and labeled its products including properly disclosing the country of origin. Regardless of the facts in dispute, the case has come to a settlement that provides eligible Class Member up to 50 cents per bottle of olive oil purchased with minimum of $2.00 being paid to any class member who submits a valid claim. Class Members who want to get started with the filing process can do so by going to the SNA Olive Oil Settlement page and clicking the Submit Claim tab.
Highlighting Pertinent Information Regarding the SNA Olive Oil Settlement
- Class Members who wish to claim more than 10 bottles of olive oil (claims totaling over $5) will need to submit valid proofs of purchase
- The deadline by which all claims must be filed is May 2nd, 2020 which is 28 days before the initially scheduled Final Approval Hearing
- Class Members who want out of the SNA Olive Oil Settlement must send exclusion requests post marked no later than May 2nd, 2020
- Those who want to speak at the Fairness Hearing may do so as long as no exclusion has been made and a written objection has been filed
The Filippo Berio branded products included in the SNA Olive Oil Settlement are: Robusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Olive Oil, and Light Tasting Olive Oil. Class Members who are filing claims or exclusion requests by mail will need to send correspondence directly to the Claims Administrator.
SNA Olive Oil Settlement Claims Administrator
- PO Box 58476, Philadelphia, PA 19102-8476