Skeeter Snack Settlement
- Filing can be completed online or by mail
- Claims Administrator can be contacted
When a product claims to be all natural it better have some solid supporting evidence to back the claim up as such products can be sitting ducks for a class action lawsuit. The lawsuit titled Shalikar v. Skeeter Snacks, LLC has recently come to settlement terms in hopes to put an end to allegations that the Defendant deceptively labeled and advertised certain products as being all natural when they contained non-natural, artificial, and/or synthetic ingredients including anhydrous dextrose, lecithin, soy lecithin, and cocoa (processed with alkali). It should be made absolutely clear that the settlement does not mean the court decided in favor of one party over another. However, both parties have agreed to the settlement in order to avoid the time and expense of proceeding towards a trial. Those who believe they are due compensation can submit an online claim by going to the Skeeter Snacks Settlement page and clicking the Claim Form tab.
Anything else I should be aware of?
- Products must have been purchased between July 1st, 2013 and June 29th, 2020
- Those who submit a timely claim may receive a refund in the amount of $3.00
- August 28th, 2020 is the deadline by which ALL claim forms must be submitted
- A hearing to consider the settlement’s fairness is set for November 27th, 2020
Those who do not file a claim or exclude themselves from the settlement will receive absolutely nothing and lose their rights to a separate lawsuit. Class Members who would like to review a full list of eligible products can do so by going to the Skeeter Snacks Settlement page and clicking the Notice tab. Those with unanswered questions regarding the settlement may want to try reaching out to the Claims Administrator (mailed claim forms can also be sent to Claims Administrator).
Skeeter Snack Settlement Claims Administrator
- PO Box 2563, Faribault, MN 55021-9563