RMG TCPA Settlement
- Can be filed for online or through the mail
- Claims can be made for up to 3 phone calls
- Settlement Administrated can be contacted
Quite a buzz is sure to be created anytime a large group of consumers receive notice that they may be eligible to become up to $900 richer. With that being said, there are likely to be plenty of eyes focused on the recent settlement of the lawsuit titled Charvat v. Carnival et al. The settlement is set to resolve allegations that the Defendant (Resort Marketing Group, Inc. or RMG) made pre-recorded telemarketing calls to landlines and cell phones offering free cruises in violation of the TCPA. RMG, on the other hand, denies that it violated the TCPA or any similar laws. At this point it appears the court will never rule on the merits of either sides’ arguments due to the previously mentioned settlement. Those who believe they are eligible to receive compensation can get started with an online claim by going to the RMG TCPA Settlement page and clicking the File a Claim tab.
More on the Settlement
- The total Settlement Fund will be anywhere from $7,000,000 to $12,500,000
- Claims can be filed for up to 3 calls with a maximum award of $300 for each
- Payments may be less than $300 per call depending on the amount of claims
- Deadline for claims, exclusions requests, or objections is November 3rd, 2020
- The hearing to decide if the settlement will be approved is on April 2nd, 2020
It is important to point out that the cruise lines associated with the settlement (Norwegian, Carnival, and Royal Caribbean) deny that they authorized RMG to make the calls in question on their behalf. Those who can’t (or just don’t want to) file online at the RMG TCPA Settlement page can opt to print out a claim form and send it by mail directly to the Settlement Administrator.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 404022, Louisville, KY 40233-4022