Reid TCPA Settlement
- Administrator can be contacted for questions
- Important deadline apply to the settlement
- Claims can be filed online, by mail, or by phone
Alleged violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) can be found at the heart of a many past and current lawsuits (and will be at the heart of many others for years to come). A prime example of a recently settled case (pending approval) involving such allegations is displayed by the lawsuit known as Reid v. IC System Inc. The suit was filed over claims that the TCPA was violated when the Defendant (Reid) placed debt collection calls to cell phones of those in the Plaintiff Class. It should be noted that the Defendant denies the allegations and maintains that the current $3,350,000 settlement is not an admission of wrongdoing. Those who believe they would fit the description of an eligible Class Member can begin the claim filing process online by going to the Reid TCPA Settlement page and clicking the File My Claim Online button. After clicking the button the unique 8 digit ID that appears on the notice can be entered to proceed with the filing (those who do not have an ID will need to enter an email address to get started).
Further Dissecting the Reid TCPA Settlement
- Calls must have been received between the dates of December 14th, 2008 and November 9th, 2020
- Class Member cell numbers must be found in the Defendant’s records coded as a wrong number call
- The deadline by which claims must be filed (either online, by mail, or by phone) is February 8th, 2020
- February 19th, 2020 is the deadline by which objections and/or requests to be excluded must be filed
Class Members who plan on requesting an exclusion or filing a claim by mail must make sure correspondence is post-marked no later than the previously listed filing deadlines and sent directly to the Claims Administrator. Those with questions regarding the Reid TCPA Settlement get the help they need by reviewing the available FAQs (found online and in the notice) or by calling the calling the Claims Administrator. The Claims Administrator can also be called to file a claim over the phone.
Claims Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 3614, Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614
- [email protected]