Radio Text Message Settlement
- Class Members can submit a claim form online or by mail
- Settlement exclusion requests must be submitted by the deadline
Most people aren’t fond of receiving unsolicited advertising about something they know little or nothing about. Some are so disenchanted by the advertising that they end up filing a Telephone Consumer Protection Act violation class action lawsuit over it. An amount of $8.5 million has recently been agreed upon to settle the Willis v. iHeartMedia class action lawsuit in which the plaintiffs claim iHeartMedia violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by sending unsolicited text messages to the cellphones of listeners in order to promote its marketing partners’ goods and services. iHeartMedia denies these allegations and maintains that the messages were sent with the consent of the consumers and were authorized by law. At any rate, the parties have decided to come to a compromise to end the law suit. As a result, those who believe themselves to be part of the settlement class will need to submit a claim in order to receive a part of the $8.5 million settlement fund.
How do I get in on this radio text message settlement?
- Those that received an Advertising Text Message on their cell phone from iHeartMedia between October 16th, 2013 and April 19th, 2020 are included
- Class members will need to submit a claim form by September 8th, 2020 to stake a claim for part of the radio text message settlement
- The claim form can be completed online or sent by mail (post marked no later than September 8th, 2020) and must be fully completed and signed
The claims filing deadline of September 8th, 2020 is 28 days after the Final Approval Hearing to be held on August 11th, 2020
Class members that want no part of the Willis v. iHeartMedia radio text message settlement must exclude themselves by July 8th, 2020 in order to retain their rights to sue. To be excluded, class members must send their exclusion requests to Willis v. iHeartMedia Settlement Administrator P.O. Box 30222 College Station, TX 77842-3222.
- Settlement Administrator Phone: 844-850-7145