Peak TCPA Settlement
- Claims forms can be filed online or through mail
- List of Frequently Asked Questions is provided
- Settlement Administrator contact info available
One of the last thing anyone wants to see after hearing a mobile phone alert is an incoming text message that was sent without prior consent. The overall disdain for such an event is at times so drastic that a class action lawsuit is filed over it. A recent example of a class action being field over allegations such as these can be found in the lawsuit titled Truong v. Peak Campus Management, LLC. The suit claims that the Defendants violated the federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) by sending out text messages to persons who had not provided consented to receive them. However, there is usually at least 2 sides to every story and this one is no different as the Defendants contest the allegations made in the lawsuit and deny that the TCPA was violated. It appears the answer to who is right and who is wrong will never be discovered (at least not legally anyways) as the case has come to a pending settlement agreement for a whopping $7,000,000. Those who believe they are eligible to receive payment can begin the filing process online at the Peak TCPA Settlement page.
I’m picking up what you’re putting down so far. Anything else I should know??
- The text messages must have been received between July 2012 and October 16th, 2020
- January 4th, 2020 is the deadline by which claims, exclusion, and objections must be filed
- The Final Approval Hearing is currently set to be held on January 24th, 2020 at 1 PM CST
- The total amount of compensation each eligible Class Member may receive is up to $100
After arriving at the Peak TCPA Settlement page the File Claim button posted in the upper right hand corner can be clicked to get started with the filing process. After clicking the link a Claim ID and Pin Code must be entered to proceed with the claim (sample image provided showing where both items can be found on the correspondence). The answers to many typical questions can be found by reviewing the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Peak TCPA Settlement page. Those who strike out when reviewing the FAQs may want to contact the Settlement Administrator for further assistance.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO BOX 404000, Louisville, KY 40233-4000