OptumRx My Catamaran Rx
- Members can gain account access by entering a User ID and password
- Customer service is available for account or registration issues
When two health care organizations combine forces members can realize a multitude of benefits. Sometimes however, the combination of companies can leave members scratching their heads in confusion. Fortunately members that once held accounts with Catamaran can still gain easy online access to their health benefit information even after the combining of the companies. To access an account, members will need to go to OptumRx My Catamaran Rx page and enter a User ID along with a password. New members that have not used the service previously will need to complete online registration prior to gaining account access.
That’s a decent start but what else do I need to know about the OptumRx and Catamaran mash-up?
- Members will be able to continue use of their old ID cards as the processing information pharmacies require to fill a prescription will not change
- Benefits coverage and medication co-pays will not be effected as a result of the combination of OptumRx and Catamaran
- Members who are on medications that require prior authorization will not need to repeat the process as all current authorizations will remain active until they expire
- Those who previously relied medications being delivered to their homes will be able to continue that reliance as prescriptions will be filled through the same mail order pharmacies
Members who are having trouble accessing their accounts due to a forgotten User ID or password can access the appropriate recovery links posted on the OptumRx My Catamaran Rx page. Those with questions regarding a plan can complete an online contact form or contact OptumRx directly by phone.
OptumRx Customer Service Numbers
- 855-475-5088 (for individuals on Medicare)
- 800-788-4863 (for issues with registration)
How do I refill my OptumRx?
Online: Visit www.optumrx.com — simply register and select which medication(s) you would like to enroll. Mail: Indicate on the refill order form in your next mail service package which medications you want in the program. Phone: Call customer service at the toll-free phone number on the back of your plan ID card.
What is OptumRx used for?
OptumRx® is a full-service prescription drug benefit provider with a broad network of retail chain and independent pharmacies, a mail service pharmacy through OptumRx Home Delivery, and a specialty pharmacy (BriovaRx®).
Does Walmart Pharmacy accept OptumRx?
Members and their families save on FDA-approved medications not covered by their current insurance when they use their free Rx discount card at Walmart Pharmacy, a participating retail pharmacy of AARP® Prescription Discounts provided by OptumRx.
Is OptumRx part of CVS?
OptumRx is UnitedHealth Group's (NYSE: UNH) free-standing pharmacy care services business, managing more than one billion prescriptions annually. CVS Pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy, with more than 9,600 retail pharmacies across the nation.