Natural Gas Antitrust Settlement
- Claims can be filed online or through the mail
- Administrator can be contacted with questions
When a group of companies is thought to have conspired to keep the price of a natural resource artificially high, it can only be assumed that a class action lawsuit settlement is in the near future. The Western States Wholesale Natural Gas Antitrust Litigation has recently come to settlement terms in hopes to resolve allegations that the Defendants engaged in an unlawful agreement to manipulate the prices of natural gas between the dates of January 1st, 2000 to October 31st, 2002. The Plaintiffs claim that as a result of the unlawful conspiracy, more was paid for natural gas than otherwise would have been. On the flip side, the Defendants have dug in deep denying all claims and allegations made by the Plaintiffs. Which party the court would have sided with will likely never be known due to the previously discussed settlement. Those who need to get a claim filed can do so online by going to the Natural Gas Antitrust Settlement page and clicking the File a Claim tab.
More on Natural Gas Antitrust Settlement
- The total amount of funds set aside for reimbursement comes to a jaw-dropping $42,800,000
- The settlement impacts industrial and commercial purchasers of natural gas in WI, MO, and KS
- Class Counsel will ask for an award for attorney’s fees not to exceed 35% of the settlement fund
- Claims forms sent through the mail must be addressed directly to the Settlement Administrator
- $20,522,000 goes to the WI Class, $14,089,600 to the KS Class, and $8,188,400 to the MO Class
The settlement funds will be allocated on a pro rata basis based on the volume of natural gas that each participating Class Member purchased in proportion to the total amount of claims filed. A full list of the Defendants can be found under the long form notice posted at the Natural Gas Antitrust Settlement page. Those who have questions may want to reach out to the Settlement Administrator for assistance.
- PO Box 3614, Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614
- [email protected]