- Claim forms can be filed online or through mail
- Administrator can be contacted with questions
It’s been proven time and again that consumers tend to become a bit perturbed when they believe a product has made inaccurate claims on its label. The latest evidence to support this statement is demonstrated by the Retta et al. v. Millennium Products et al class action lawsuit. The suit was filed over allegations that Millennium Products mislabeled certain kombucha products in regards to the content of added sugar, antioxidants, and alcohol. Whole Foods was also brought into the suit as a Defendant based on allegations that the store violated the law by reselling the kombucha products that were allegedly mislabeled by Millennium. The Defendants deny that they have done anything wrong or unlawful and assert that the disputed labels were truthful, not misleading, and consistent with the law but have agreed to settle the matter to avoid the costs and burdens of further litigation. Those who believe they are eligible for compensation can file an online claim by going to the Millennium Settlement page and clicking the Claim Form tab.
What else should I know about the Millennium Settlement?
- Anyone in the United States (or US Territories) who purchased one or more of the Subject Products between March 11, 2011 and May 27, 2020 is included in the Settlement Class
- The Millennium Settlement provides up to $8,250,000 to pay claims made by the Settlement Class (up to $60 in cash or vouchers can be claims by those who have proof of purchase)
- The deadline by which Class Members must file their claims for part of the Millennium Settlement (either by filing online or by sending a Claim Form through mail) is May 30th,2017
- July 3rd, 2020 is the date by which Class Members who wish to retain their right to sue must send their request to be excluded (Objections to the settlement must also be filed by this date)
Class Members who cannot prove they have purchased any of the Subject Products may still claim up to $35 in cash or vouchers. Those who would like to view a detailed listing of the Subject Products can do so by going to the Millennium Settlement page. Class Members who wish to file by mail can send their completed Claim Form directly to the Claims Administrator.
Millennium Settlement Claims Administrator
- 1801 Market Street, Suite 660, Philadelphia, PA 19103