Mandee TCPA Settlement
- Claims can be filed in-store, online, or by mail
- Many important dates apply to the settlement
- Administrator contact information is available
Alleged violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) have been at the heart of many class action lawsuits. One of the latest to include such allegations is a lawsuit called Zeidel v. A&M LLC. The suit alleges that the Defendant (A&M, parent company of Mandee Stores) violated the TCPA by sending out text messages to individuals who had not previously consented to receive them. To be fair, it should be pointed out that the Defendant denies the allegations brought forth in the suit and denies that it violated the TCPA. At this point it appears that the arguments from either side will never be heard at trial as the case has come to a pending settlement which provides class members with the option of receiving a $15 Mandee voucher or $10 in cash (classic conundrum of taking the higher value voucher or the more flexible cash – TOUGH CALL). Those who opt to go for the cash settlement can get started with the online filing process by going to the Mandee TCPA Settlement page and clicking the Proof of Claim Form link.
Thanks for the info! I have a feeling we’re just getting started though….
- Text messages must have been received between October 16th, 2013 and December 31st, 2014
- The deadline by which all claims for cash must be filed (online or by mail) is March 29th, 2020
- Those who plan on opting out must file an exclusion request by the date of February, 2nd 2020
- The hearing to decide whether the settlement will be approved is schedule for March 1st, 2020
- In addition to providing the cash or vouchers the Defendant will change text message practices
Class Members who would rather have the $15 voucher can begin by going to a Mandee location and providing a name, address, and telephone number to the cashier on duty (records will confirm whether or not the person making the claim is a Class Member and entitled to the $15 voucher). All claims for the voucher must be made by May 30th, 2020 (probably a good idea to leave plenty of time and do so long before this date). Those who plan on filing a claim form by mail (for cash payment only) must make sure correspondence is post-marked prior to the March 29th, 2020 deadline and sent directly to the Settlement Administrator. The Settlement Administrator can also be contacted for questions about the settlement.
Mandee TCPA Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 2086, Birmingham, AL 35201