Illinois LCD Settlement
- Obtain more information about the class action lawsuit entitled Illinois v. AU Optronics Corp. which is case number 10 CH34472
- This class action lawsuit claims that certain companies fixed the prices of LCD flat panel devices causing customers in the state of Illinois to pay more for a TV (and other devices)
- The State of Illinois accused multiple corporations of raising and maintaining the price of thin-film-transistor liquid-crystal-display (TFT-LCD) flat panels
Class members in this multi million dollar settlement include anyone who purchased a TV, monitor, notebook computer, cell phone, MP3 player, or other products with a flat panel screen between Jan. 1, 1998 and Dec. 31, 2006 in the state of Illinois (please note the person must have lived in the state when the item was purchased to be considered a class member).
Illinois LCD Settlement Footnotes
- All claims are due by May 4, 2020
- In order to get paid the class member MUST file a claim
- May 4, 2020 is the listed deadline to exclude oneself from the terms of the settlement
- The case is pending in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois
- The defendants are Chunghwa who will pay nearly $670,000; Epson who will pay $4.75 million; LG who will pay $37.8 million; Hitachi who will pay $10.4 million; Chi Mei who will pay $39 million; and Sharp who will pay $12 million
Contacting the Illinois LCD Settlement administrator?
- By mail: Illinois LCD Claims c/o A.B. Data, Ltd. P.O. Box 170500 Milwaukee, WI 53217
- By Email: [email protected]
- Via phone: 800-949-0146