Health Extras Settlement
- Class Members can submit Claim Form online
- Claim forms can also be printed and mailed in
- A variety of important dates should be noted
Insurance as an industry is no stranger to class action lawsuits. One of the latest to make waves within both the legal and insurance industries goes by the name of Giercyk v. National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, PA et al. The reason for all the waves likely has to do with the fact that the defendants and plaintiffs have recently come to a settlement worth a jaw-dropping $15 MILLION. The Settlement Class of those who may be eligible for compensation includes individuals who were part of insurance plans that included disability, accident, sickness, or travel insurance, and were sometimes offered as the HealthExtras Catastrophic Accidental Disability Program, the HealthExtras Benefits program, the American Express Accidental Disability Plan, the Catastrophic Accident Plan, or the Accident Protection Plan. Those who wish to move forward with making a claim can do so online by going to the Health Extras Settlement page and clicking the Submit Claim button.
Some Important Dates Regarding the Health Extras Settlement
- Objections – Any objections to the settlement must be received no later than Friday, March 10th,2017
- Fairness Hearing – Notice to appear at the Fairness Hearing must be received no later than Friday, March 10th,2017
- Exclusions – Class Members who wish to retain their right to sue must have their requests post marked no later than March 10th, 2020
- Claim Filing – The deadline for Class Members to submit a claim (online or by mail) is March 31st, 2020
- Approval – The final Approval Hearing is currently set to be held on Thursday, April 20th, 2020
After going to the Health Extras Settlement page and clicking the Submit Claim button a Class Member ID will need to be entered (found above the name and address on the settlement notice post card). Those who do not have a Class Member ID must print out their claim form and send it in by mail.
Health Extras Settlement Contact Number