Free Cruise Call Class Action
- Claims can be filed online or by mail
- Filing and exclusions deadlines are in place
It appears not even the prospect of a free cruise is enough to quell the irritation people feel after receiving an unsolicited phone call from an automated dialing system. Yet another class action lawsuit based on alleged Telephone Consumer Protection Act violations has recently come to a settlement. The Birchmeier et al. v. Caribbean Cruise Line, Inc. et al (free cruise call class action) lawsuit was filed based on claims that the Defendant used automated dialing systems to call consumers and offer a free cruise in exchange for completing a political or public opinion survey. The Defendants deny any wrong doing but have agreed to settle the lawsuit in interest of avoiding the uncertainties and costs associated with a trial. Class Members who wish to file a claim can do so by going to the free cruise call class action page and filing a Claim Form.
What else should I know about this so-called free cruise call class action settlement?
- The Settlement Fund (anywhere from $56 million to $76 million) will be distributed to eligible Class Members who come forward to make a claim before the February 1st, 2020 deadline
- Class Members who submit a valid claim prior to the filing deadline can receive a payment of $500 per call (unless the total amount of payments exceed the Settlement Fund maximum of $76 million)
- If the total amount of payments exceed the $76 million maximum Class Members may receive less than $500 per call (if the total amount is less than $56 million they may receive more than $500)
Class Members who don’t want to be involved in the free cruise call class action settlement can be excluded (and retain the right to sue) by sending a request to the Administrator prior to the January 23rd, 2020 exclusion deadline. Those who do not wish to file online can print and mail the Claim Form directly to the Administrator as an alternative.
Caribbean Cruise Line Class Action Administrator
- P.O. Box 43435 Providence, RI 08940-3435