Follett TCPA Settlement
- Class members can file online or mail in a claim form
- All exclusions request must be sent by January deadline
It’s been proven time and again that people just cannot stand receiving unsolicited text messages from automatic telephone dialing systems. The latest evidence to support this notion comes in the form of a lawsuit titled Shestopal v. Follett Higher Education Group, Inc. The lawsuit was filed as a result of allegations that the Defendant violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by sending unsolicited text messages to cell phones without prior consent. The validity of these claims will likely not be determined in court as it appears the lawsuit is set to settle for a jaw-dropping $3.5 million. Individuals who are part of the Settlement Class can submit their claims online by going to the Follett TCPA Settlement page and clicking the File a Claim link.
Important Information Regarding the Follett TCPA Settlement
- Class Members will have until January 20th, 2020 to submit a claim (claims can be filed online or by printing a claim form and sending it by mail)
- The Settlement Class includes all people in the United States who received the unsolicited text messages between October 9th, 2011 and December 24th, 2015
- Based on the Defendants records there are approximately 1,884,821 people in the Settlement Class (the amount each Class Member will receive is based on the amount of claims filed)
- If 1% of the Class Members come forward to make a claim each payment will be an estimated $103.39 ($20.68 if 5% come forward and $10.34 if 10% come forward)
Those who wish to opt out of the settlement must send a notice to the Settlement Administrator requesting an exclusion by the January 20th, 2020 deadline (notices must include name, telephone number, and signature). Class Members who have further questions about the Follett TCPA Settlement can call 855-306-9630.
Shestopal v. Follett Higher Education Group Settlement Administrator
- PO BOX 43436, Providence, RI 02940-3436