Foam for Cash
- Simplified Form and Long Form are available
- Extensive FAQ list is provided for assistance
- Administrator contact information is available
When consumers begin to suspect the fix is in on a certain good or service the end result can be a MASSIVE class action lawsuit settlement. An example of such is on full display with the $38 million dollar settlement generated by the Polyurethane Foam Class Action. The suit was filed over claims that the Defendants (a large group of manufacturers) agreed to fix the price of which Flexible Polyurethane Foam were sold, which in turn resulted in inflated prices for Canadian consumers. In order to be included in the class, individuals must live in Canada now or must have lived there between the dates of January 1st, 1999 and January 10th, 2012 AND must have purchased Flexible Polyurethane Foam, Foam Products, or Carpet Underlay made in Canada for personal, commercial, or manufacturing use between the same dates (perhaps take a few minutes or hours to let all of that sink in). Those who believe they are eligible for payment can begin by going to the Foam for Cash page and either choosing the Simplified Form or Long Form.
I’m “foaming” at the mouth for more information!
- The deadline by which claim forms (online or by mail) must be filed is February 6th, 2020
- The Simplified Form claim filing process allows claims to be filed for a $20 cash payment
- The Long Form filing process can be used by those who can provide proofs of purchases
- Each of the 11 Defendant Groups will contribute a portion to the overall settlement fund
- Those who opted out prior to October 18th, 2013 are not considered as a Class Member
Class Members who would rather file in French can do so by clicking the Français link posted at the top of the Foam for Cash page. Those with questions regarding the settlement may want to click the FAQ link to review the list of available Frequently Asked Questions (and their corresponding answers of course!). The calculator tool can be used to help decide which of the claim forms to file (no sense adding it all up by hand unless the brains could use a little exercise!). Class Members who would rather bypass reading the FAQs can try reaching out to the Claims Administrator with questions instead.
Foam for Cash Claims Administrator
- [email protected]