Convertible Top Settlement
- Claims can be filed online or through mail
- Notice administrator can answer questions
When someone bucks up and pays for the luxury that comes hand in hand with a BMW they likely expect the vehicle to operate flawlessly. When several of these vehicles allegedly fail to meet these expectations the potential for a class action lawsuit looms large. Gray v. BMW of North America, LLC has recently come to settlement terms to resolve allegations that certain BMW 6 Series models manufactured by the Defendant had a variety of problems pertaining to the convertible top feature of the vehicles. On the other hand, the Defendant denies these allegations and stand behind its products. Regardless of who is right and who is wrong the claim has come to settlement terms allowing the Plaintiffs to receive benefits and the Defendant to be release from liability without the costs and risks associated with a trial. Class Members who believe they are eligible for compensation can file an online claim at the Convertible Top Settlement page.
What else do I need to know about this settlement?
- The filing, objection, and exclusion request deadline is set for June 19th, 2020
- On July 30th, 2020 a hearing will take place to decide whether or not to approve
- Class Members who take no action will not receive benefits and lose the right to sue
- The vehicles in question are U.S. specification E64 models from years 2004 to 2010
Class Members who are only looking for a free software update do not need to worry about the claim filing deadline as they will only need to contact their BMW dealer within 1 year of the settlement effective date to request the update. Those who wish to claim out-of-pocket expenses will need to file the claim online at the Convertible Top Settlement page or by sending the Claim Form to the Notice Administrator.
Notice Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 43450, Providence RI 02940-3450