- $100,000,000 class settlement has been reached
- Objections must be mailed to settlement PO Box
When a company is thought to have violated antitrust and consumer protection laws a class action lawsuit is often right around the corner. The Plaintiff’s in the Cipro Cases I & II claim that the Defendants (Bayer AG, Barr Labrotories, Inc., Hoechst Marion Roussel, Inc., Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and The Rugby Group, Inc.) violated California’s antitrust and consumer protection laws by agreeing not to compete with each other in order to keep lower cost generic versions of the drug Cipro off the market. The HMR Defendants (Hoechst Marion Roussel, Inc., Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and The Rugby Group, Inc.) have agreed to settle with the plaintiff’s for a jaw-dropping $100,000,000 in order to avoid the uncertainty and costs of further litigation.
The Ins and Outs of the Cipro Settlement
- Cipro Settlement Class Members include persons or entities who bought Cipro in California between January 8th, 1997 and December 31st, 2005
- Class Members who previously asked to be excluded from the settlement cannot reserve the decision as the exclusive deadline passed on December 15th, 2004
- The fairness hearing to determine whether or not to approve the Cipro Settlement will be held on October 7th, 2020
- Class Members who like the settlement and wish to move forward with a claim will need to submit a Claim Form no later than December 15th, 2020
- Claim Forms can be found at the settlements webpage (form must include all information that is asked for and must be signed)
Class Members who don’t like the settlement can formally object by sending a letter by first Class US Mail to the Cipro Settlement PO Box no later than September 23rd, 2020. Those who have questions regarding the settlement can seek assistance by calling 1-866-404-0134.
Cipro Settlement Mailing Address
- P.O. Box 173017, Milwaukee, WI 53217