Cal Wipe Settlement
- Class Members can file claims online
- Important settlement deadlines apply
When a product claims to be “flushable” it’s in the best interest of both the company selling the product as well as the consumer that the product goes down the drain without issue. An agreement has recently been reached to settle a class action law suit filed over allegations that Kandoo brand wipes were inappropriately labeled “flushable” and “sewer and septic safe”. The defendants, Procter & Gamble and Nehemiah Manufacturing, state the product was labeled truthfully but have agreed to the settlement in order to avoid the risks associated with further litigation. Class Members who would like to file a claim can do so by going to the Cal Wipe Settlement page and clicking the Submit Claim tab.
How about some more information so I don’t “flush my claim down the drain”?
- The deadline for eligible Class Members to submit a claim form at the Cal Wipe Settlement page is March 1st, 2020
- Class Members with valid proof of purchase can be reimbursed up to $50 while those without proof can claim up to $10
- Those who wish to retain their right to sue can opt out of the settlement by filing an exclusion by March 31st, 2020
- Class Members wishing to their involvement to the next level can attend the Settlement Hearing on March 29th, 2020
After clicking the Submit Claim tab at the Cal Wipe Settlement page Class Members will need to complete a brief online claim form. The form will need to include a name, address, email address, phone number, amount of packages claimed, proof of purchase (optional), method of refund, and e-signature. Those who have further questions regarding the details of the settlement can try reaching out to the Settlement Administrator.
- Heffler Claims Group – P.O. Box 58341, Philadelphia, PA 19102-8341