Auto Parts Class
- File a claim in the Auto Parts Price Fixing class lawsuit
- The total settlement amount is an estimated $225 million
- Any comments or objections must be postmarked by April 11, 2020
The Auto Parts Class action lawsuit revolves around claims that the defendants unlawfully raise the price of certain motor vehicle component part. The defendants deny any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle based on the advice of their attorneys. The list of defendants in the Auto Parts Price Fixing Class Action Settlement includes some of the bigger names in the Auto Parts industry to include the likes of Lear Corporation, TRW Deutschland Holding GmbH and TRW Automotive Holdings Corporation, Yazaki Corporation and Yazaki North America, Incorporated, Autoliv, Inc., and Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd..
Auto Parts Price Fixing Class Action Footnotes
- Questions about the case can be directed to 1‑877‑940‑5043 or Auto Parts Settlements, P.O. Box 10163, Dublin, OH 43017
- The case is entitled In re Automotive Parts Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 2311 and is pending in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- The Auto Parts Class fairness hearing will be held at Theodore Levin U.S. Courthouse 231 W. Lafayette Blvd., Room 564 Detroit, MI 48226
- The settlement fairness hearing will take place at 3:00 p.m. sharp on 5/11/16
- $11.25 million has been set aside for the lawyers representing the class members (these lawyers include Steven Williams, Hollis Salzman, and Marc Seltzer)
Class members defined?
between 1998 to 2015 “(1) bought or leased a new motor vehicle in the U.S. (not for resale), or (2) paid to replace one or more of the new motor vehicle parts listed in Question 4 above (not for resale). New motor vehicles include, but are not limited to, automobiles, cars, light trucks, pickup trucks, crossovers, vans, mini-vans, and sport utility vehicles” – autopartsclass.com/faq
Class members attorney Marc Seltzer works for the law firm of Susman Godfrey L.L.P. who are based at 1901 Avenue of the Stars Suite 950 Los Angeles, CA 90067 while Hollis Salzman works for Robins Kaplan LLP who are based out of the Big Apple (aka New York City).