AF TCPA Settlement
- File a claim online or obtain more information about the Anamaria Chimeno-Buzzi & Lakedrick Reed v. Hollister Co. & Abercrombie & Fitch Co., (Case No. 14-cv-23120-MGC) class action lawsuit
- Class members associated with Chimeno-Buzzi, et al. v. Hollister Co., & Abercrombie & Fitch Co. dispute that the defendants violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, 47 U.S.C. § 227 when they were sent annoying text messages by the defendants (aka Hollister/Abercrombie & Fitch Co.) WITHOUT giving them permission
Class members are seeking to be compensated for this violation of Federal law and the courts agree as they have created a $10 million dollar settlement fund to cover the claims they are sure to roll in over this violation. Questions about the lawsuit SHOULD NOT be directed to Hollister/Abercrombie & Fitch Co. but class members can write to: Settlement Administrator at Chimeno-Buzzi Text Settlement Administrator, PO Box 3656, Portland, OR 97208-3656 or call 1-877-866-0631. Claims can be filed online or by mail (and class members who are part of this lawsuit will definitely want to file a claim as the settlement amount will be in the form of a cash payment.
Important dates associated with the AF TCPA Settlement?
- May 16, 2020 (claim due date)
- March 30, 2020 (fairness hearing at 11 am)
- May 29, 2020 (objection and exclusion deadline)
Class members in the lawsuit are defined as anyone who received a text messages from Hollister Co., Abercrombie & Fitch Co., Gilly Hicks, and/or Abercrombie Kids.
Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch Co. are a Ohio based upscale fashion retailer who markets to trendy kids/teens aged 14–18.